Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2

This time, we're doing our 2nd drama rehearsal, during the detention scene, where the kids were all running away from Mr. Krustin, while Terserah was the only one who got caught by Mr. Krustin. As I was playing the character of Terserah, I acted as the type of a slow, anxious, and awkward girl who has a bad habit of biting her nails, and always got left out from the crowd. By acting this character, I improvise my own lines as natural possible, and try to make my act seems funny, according to Terserah's awkward character kind of comedy way. The detetion ended with Terserah who failed to run away from the class, and ended in the principal's office, while all of her classmates ran away and left her alone. I'm trying to make my character seems funny, by acting clumsy but in a funny way. In order to improve my performance, I would have to learn a better improvisation, according to the play's condition and situation, so that my act would seems more naturally funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment